Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
I would change the end of Lord of the flies so that when they are running through the forest which is set alight, they catch ralph and mercilessly beat him. Whilst this is happening they do not realise that the Naval guy is standing there watching them, pulls out his revolver fires one shot into the air, and stops them from fighting. He pulls jack away and pistol whips him with the butt of his gun. Most of the boys get scared, after that they all get onto the ship and go home. After they get home, ralph reflects on his time on the Island, and how it differs to his normal life, whilst he is in school he almost seems bored and becomes restless, as he has spent all this time trying to survive and now he doesnt really have to do much to survive at all and its all there for him now. The last bit you see him walking away from the graves of Simon and Piggy crying.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

themostrandomnameicouldthinkof
to change the ending, i would have had it so that the book didnt end with the naval officer arrving but after so we could see how the boys lives changed once they are back home, jack still an over aggressive savage, his mind wrecked by his experience. Ralph a much more quiet boy and scarred by what he has witnessed.

The novel could then continue even further showing the boys as adults and how they have changed even more extremely (ralph, a completely timid man and jack a mental psychopath murderer)

So yeah :)

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Shannon Timberlake
I would change the ending by showing the boys at home and seeing how Ralph reacts to being back with all the things he talks about during the novel (the cottage, snow etc). I would also show how the boys have changed since their experience for example Jack; how will he adjust back to his normal life? Will he be able to adjust?

I like the idea of seeing Ralph at Piggy and Simon's graves and seeing what they are all like when they grow up - would either Jack or Ralph become a leader?
(:

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Shannon Parr
I would change the ending so that the officer would witness the boys chasing Ralph. Then he takes them all back to civilisation, then you can see the boys trying to adjust back to normal life, and Ralph gets an award for making England proud by not being savage. Then at the very last point, you get to see the actual beast, making its nest/home in the boys now abandond shelters. :)
:)

But the beast is surely the savagery and pure evil in all of the boys?
:)

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

:)
I would change the ending by showing who of the boys actually want to go home and who want to stay. (Therefore, showing the reader whose of the boys' lives have been changed by their time on the island and which boys are savages). All of the boys would be brought home and then would be shown how they adjust to home life. (Would Jack grow up to be a leader? Would Ralph grow up trying, but failing?) Also, all of the boys would be gathered after 10 years after having left the island and Simon's family and Piggy's aunt would also be there to remember Simon and Piggy and to look back at what they have done and who is sorry for it.

Matt Pallett :)

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Abi White
I would change the ending by showing the boys arriving home and being reunited with their families, showing the boys attitude towards the idea and the families reaction when they find some of the boys are 'missing'. I would show how the boys would now cope in the real world after their expriances and whether it affected their furture, eg. if Jack or Ralph end up as leaders. :)

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Caroline Pickering
I would change the ending of the novel by ensuring that Jack and the other savage boys receive their comeuppance. Al though in real life not everything has a happy ending; the whole novel has been quite dark and sad. I think there should be some form of triumph for the boys that have remained mainly good throughout the novel (example, Ralph, Sam and Eric) I don’t like that you presume that the naval officer probably will never find out about what truly happened on the island or the murders that took place. It would be interesting if Simon was even further represented as Jesus too. Perhaps at the end, there could be a line that describes the remains of the island and mentioning something relative to Simon, which could suggest he had been resurrected; this would give us further evidence that Simon was a representation of Jesus.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Charlotte Malley
I would change the ending so that it showed Ralph in hospital and the doctors all thought he was suffering from mental problems because of the stories he had told them about his adventure on the island. They obviously do not believe him because they were not realistic stories and therefore he is trapped in the hospital for a long period of time until he gets 'better'.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Nicole Risley
I would change the ending of lord of the flies by as Jack and the other boys are setting alight the forest trying to catch Ralph. As Ralph tries to escape from Jack he trips on a stone and falls on his back, this enables Jack to find Ralph. Jack grabbed Ralph and all the other boys surrounded him and started to chant, as Jack pulled back his stick about to kill Ralph the boys stopped chanting. An officer stands there staring at the boys and Jack wonders why boys stop chanting and looks up. The officer seem shocked to what the children were about to do. This is to show how their civilisation has reverted back to savagery.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Alice Dosher
I would change the ending of The Lord of the Flies by showing the savages setting the forest alight and following Jack on the hunt for Ralph. They all believe Jack is actually tracking Ralph but instead Jack is just improvising hoping to get a glance of Ralph so the savages will think he is a 'real' hunter. However Ralph is in a completely different part of the Island and is running to the beach, ready to dive into the sea and swim away from the Island. As Ralph continues to sprint towards the beach he runs into two small figures and he realises it is Samneric. The twins explain how they managed to escape Jacks savages without them knowing and had been looking for Ralph since then. Suddenly the boys start running again towards the beach and Ralph expalins his plan to the twins about swimming away from the Island. The twins nod but as they approach the beach they come face to face with the naval officer. The officer explains to them that they saw their fire and the boys stand still looking up at him, he then goes on to ask if they are the only people on the Island, the three boys look at each other and then solemly nod to the officer. Slowly the boys board the boat and sail away form the Island, leaving the other boys alone in savagery.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Demi Tasker
I would change the ending of Lord of the Flies so that Ralph ran out of the forest but Jack caught him and held his spear above Ralph threateningly. He goes to stab him when a male voice is heard, Jack turns around to find a naval officer standing behind him looking shocked at what he was seeing. At that moment the rest of the boys emerged from the forest. The naval officer saw at once how far the boys had turned savage and explained how he saw the smoke from his ship and he took them back to England where we are shown the boys reunited with their famillies and also how they handled the reality of being back home.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Amy Whitehouse
I would change the ending of Lord Of The Flies by the naval officer who comes to save Ralph ending up being his dad. Then, the little boys will all follow Ralph and try to become friends with him to be rescued by his dad. Everyone will be saved apart from Jack and Rodger because they have been pure evil throughout the novel and will therefore have to pay the price that Piggy and Simon did.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Victoria Harding
If I could change the ending of the story, I would agree with Amy and make it so that the Naval officer was Ralph's dad as he was so hopeful that his dad would come and rescue him. Also, I would make the officer realise what had gone on during the boys time on the island, instead of palming it off by saying "Fun and games" when he saw the boys chasing Ralph, and then saying he expected better from English boys.

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Alex Gould
I would not change the ending, as all the loose ends are tied up, and as their are no bodies there would be no need for funerals or anything like that,

if i was to change one thing, it would be the manner in which the naval officer appeared, as it was too sudden, and not enough suspense,

Re: Lord of the flies: How I would change the Ending

Abigail P
I would like to see the boys go home and to see how they adjust back into a civilised environment; I would also like to see if any of the boys stay friends and what the people at home think about their time on the island. I would also like to know whether or not the truth about Piggys and Simons death is discovered.